At Wizard on Demand, we produce engaging and original technical articles for software companies. We’re a small team creating the best technical blog posts and documentation for devtools and machine learning startups in the US and in Europe.
Technical Writer - working student, remote
Improve your technical writing skills, work remotely and with a flexible schedule.
As a Technical Writer you will help us produce high-quality technical articles. This includes:
Doing research on the topics of software development, machine learning, and industrial automation to understand the areas you’ll be writing about. We’re here to help you out and answer questions at all times.
Writing articles on these topics based on the outlines we provide. At first you’ll be pairing with other writers on the task, and eventually you’ll be writing articles yourself from start to end.
Working with our technical editor to polish the grammar and make your articles as interesting to read as possible.
The following requirements are a must-have for us:
Currently enrolled into a Masters degree or a research program for Computer Science.
Great written English (C1 equivalent and above, although we won’t ask for a certificate).
Interest in explaining complicated subjects in simple language.
Your own laptop which you can work on, plus a quiet space with Internet access that you can work from (your home, the university library, a café, etc).
What we offer:
We believe this job is a great fit for Computer Science students for two reasons:
1. After working with us, the clarity of your technical writing increases dramatically. This means you can produce more readable and engaging papers, theses and presentations, as well as stand out with your writing skills when applying to the positions at other companies
2. The companies we work with are startups in the areas of software development tooling, machine learning, and industrial automation. By writing about these industries you’ll learn about the tendencies and new developments and will be able to bring the learnings back to your studies and your future career.
In addition to these benefits we, of course, offer fair compensation, a flexible work schedule that adapts to your studies, and a kind, supportive and empathetic team.
How to apply:
Please send an email to the contact address on this ad (on the right) and include the following information:
1. A few sentences about you: what program you are currently studying, and 2-3 interests outside of your studies.
2. A link to a technical text you’ve written recently. It could be a link to a blog post, an assignment you’ve done, a document you’ve written, anything at all.
3. A list of 3 topics within Computer Science that you find interesting.
4. Your availability: which days are you available on to work with us.
We’ll get back to you within a few days (possibly a bit longer over the holidays).